• A device to record your performance (mobile phone)
Things to know:
• A device to playback scratch track (laptop)
• You’ll want to be in a quiet room.
• You’ll want to sing clearly and at a strong volume.
• Sing the entire song.
• Clap to the happy if you know it. This helps us synchronize when editing.
How to do it:
1. Using your playback device, load the provided scratch track.
2. Connect your headphone to your playback device
3. Position your phone for recording.
4. Time to record; Hit record on your phone, and then play on your playback.
5. Repeat the verbal commands and complete the recording.
VIDEO RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS
- Camera: Video Camera / Phone Camera (please use the rear-facing camera not frontfacing ‘selfie’ camera)
- No Handheld : Please use a solid surface to place your mobile device / camera on
- Number of people: 1 person
- Framing: In center with some headroom
- Focus: Make sure the video is clear and in focus
-The more softer light, the better. Please avoid dark areas. Will result in grainy footage.
-One trick is shooting while facing/near a window. If it’s sunny out, don’t shoot with the sunlight directly on you, but if it’s overcast (cloudy) this is ideal for optimal defused light (see bottom right photo
NO - Window behind you. Overexposed background. Poorly lit face.
-Physically move camera to fill up the frame (test it before the actual video)
-Landscape Recording Only not Portrait with Subject (You) in Center (view the image below for reference)
Recording Setting (iPhone)
- Settings > General > Camera > Record Video > (Set this to “1080p HD at 30 fps”)
HOW TO SEND TO US
Once Completed, Click on the upload button below to submit your video clip. Please don’t email or text your video as it will decrease the quality. If you have any issues uploading, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org